NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  2/18/18 02:13 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Providence High School Women's Soccer JV position - [5 Replies | 453 Views]
ProvidenceSoccer

Posts 2
Registered 1/24/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 1/24/18 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Providence High School Women's Soccer JV position

Providence High School is looking for a head women's soccer JV coach and Varsity assistant. If you are interested please email robb.bolar@cms.k12.nc.us
RedmanU

Posts 62
Registered 9/7/16
France

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/9/18 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by ProvidenceSoccer

Providence High School is looking for a head women's soccer JV coach and Varsity assistant. If you are interested please email robb.bolar@cms.k12.nc.us

And the pay for that would be???

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 306
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 2/9/18 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
There's plenty of good coaches in HS soccer. Lots are also teachers. This "sparse" salary adds to the overall salary which will be very nice once retirement comes around. No one coaching children, who are successful, are doing it for $. They are doing because they care. It may sound cliche, but in my experience, it's true. Not all are successful, and not all care.
ProvidenceSoccer

Posts 2
Registered 1/24/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/12/18 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
The stipend for the JV position is 1798.00
ktcs

Posts 33
Registered 9/30/03

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/12/18 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
There are a ton of good high school coaches in this state and most don't do it for the money. But it would be nice to be compensated for what we're worth and for the responsibilities we have. That amount is more than what is being paid to a large number of varsity coaches in other parts of the state. Some of us with 20+ years of experience. Sad but true.

eagles

Posts 108
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/14/18 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
My daughter is out of high school athletics now. I miss her competing and just the normal aspects of attending games ,etc. Same with club ball.

With that said it was hard to watch our county NOT have a middle school program. One of the few in the state. Have a local club team that is so political that it was just a drag. Witness coaches in both club and high school who at best were qualified to have 5 year old players at best.

Yes, the GOOD coaches do it for the student athlete and love of the game. I noticed yesterday the goals are not even up at my daughters former school. They just started some informal work outs. I know of some other coaches that started informal workouts before Christmas.....and have a hand in their schedules. I witnessed a AD that I would have fired for incompetence years ago plus more than anything lying and bad attitude. One might add its not often the coaches fault either.....in the case I speak of I watched it all dumped on the coach, and the AD walk away while they set the schedule to the determent of the team. Coaches finally get enough and leave. I was fortunate to have begged a GOOD one back who had had ENOUGH for her final season. It was worth what I promised which was HELP in any form. From concessions ,field maintenance to score keeper. He may have not been the USA team coach material but he tried and that's all one can ask. He walked away after that season with conf coach of the year and a 2nd place finish in conference where we were a 4-5th place team at best.

NO, on second thought I do not miss it as much as I thought after thinking about it.......

[Edited on 2/14/18 by eagles]

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0406690 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy